The Project Design Engineer is the technical key player in the project team. Your goal is to ensure the correct design of the solution for our customer, within the budget and deadlines. You holistically design biomass energy plants and do the calculations of combustions systems, heat exchangers and auxiliary plant equipment. Together with the Project Layout Designer, you coordinate and follow up the detailed design of the project. You work closely with the Project Manager in each VYNCKE project. You report to Project Team Manager.
• You take the overall technical responsibility for a VYNCKE project.
• You are responsible for the calculation of the energy plant, the sizing of all main components & auxiliary systems according to contract requirements, budget and design rules.
• You work out the holistic design of the energy plant in close cooperation with the layout designer.
• You determine all water & steam flows, fuel feeding and cooling circuits and make sure the plant reaches the guaranteed capacity, efficiency and emissions.
• You translate this into the process and instrumentation diagram ( P & ID ).
• You watch over the budget consequences, create datasheets and check construction drawings.
• You are in close contact with suppliers and subcontractors and look with them for the most suitable and economical solution.
• You represent VYNCKE at technical meetings with customers.
• You transfer all design info to the field engineer at the start of erection and commissioning and attend site meetings in case needed.
• You have a master of science in engineering or master in engineering
• You have minimum 5 years experience in a technical environment.
• Experience in thermodynamics, hydraulics, mechanical construction or machine design is an asset.
• You are willing to travel occasionally ( 10 % ).
• You are a team player and can work in English.
Eager to know more? Share your interest! firstname.lastname@example.org