As a Microsoft system engineer you will join the Telenet Software Defined DataCenter (SDDC) Squad and together with your peers build the Microsoft Server and Active Directory platform of the future. You will be responsible for designing and developing our Active Directory setup onto our HCI Azure Stack platform and over the coming years remove all legacy. Your expertise is with Active Directory, but you have a good knowledge on other Microsoft server products. If you are adventurous you also pack some knowledge on MS SQL Server, but that’s not a requirement. You’ll be part of a squad that is constantly working with cutting edge and diverse technology.
See if you have what it takes to join our squad with full opportunities to help you grow in your job.
- Keep your technology knowledge current and actively explore new opportunities to expand said knowledge
- Interface with internal squads to acquire requirements and translate this into working solutions
- Guarantee the stability and security of our Microsoft Server and Active Directory landscape
- Automate as much repetitive provision and operational tasks as possible
- Build further upon the ‘infrastructure as code’ deployment vision of the squad
- Co-develop the SDDC Microsoft Active Directory and Server roadmap to support our IT business
- Clear Communication: You’re an excellent communicator and problem solver
- Service minded: You keep calm in difficult situations and you always act with operational excellence in mind
- Technology watch: You constantly maintain an overview of the technology landscape
- Passion: You’re passionate about technology and have a strong foundation and interest in all Microsoft datacentre technologies on premise or in the cloud
- Flexible: You will work in an Agile environment and you’re willing to execute interventions outside of business hours and intervene in solving production issues when needed
- Endurance: Your take on life is not a sprint but a marathon and you’re focus is on long term goals and achievements
- Experience: You have worked with technologies like Active Directory, Ansible, Azure Stack, Power Shell, MS SQL Server, SCCM and SCOM & public cloud and container network services. Or you are willing to invest in learning some of these technologies if you’re not familiar with them yet
- Language: English is key, Dutch and/or French is an asset