You are responsible for the center of excellence of energy, utilities & risks ensuring homogenization of policies, procedures and KPI’s, sharing best practices among the 5 belgian plants and supporting technical learnings.
You will lead the development and execution of the Utility & Energy masterplan for the sites. Serve as internal leader and “go to” expert for sustainable utility. Lead and/or support the new designs (replacements / new plant) of all the respective utilities that are required with the goal to have standardized utility park with the lowest TCO.
Implement training and coaching of the belgian operations environment champions and technical engineering/maintenance teams to reach higher energy & water efficiency goals & fulfil the site obligations towards the government, such as EBO.
Identify Utility & Energy saving opportunities, work out the business case, take the lead and deliver the defined high complexity Utility & Energy saving projects, typical 1m€+).
- Responsible for the design of the utilities for a new plant or utility replacement investments. Coaching the local Project engineers to deliver the Project to a mechanical & electrical complete state.
- Focus on choice of technology (TCO)
- Design of main components and integration in the current utility park
- Define functional analysis : “how should the installation work”
- Coach and support the local Project engineers during the excecution phase of the projects
- Take full responsibility during start-up
- Responsible of estimating utility needs according to the budgetted and expected sales and participate in capacity assessment.
- Challenge the process installations and their utility requirements. Be the driving force to re-engineer the process installations to obtain a lower TCO.
- Identify energy/water saving opportunities and present the business cases.
- hot water grids , CHP, heat pumps, absorption cooling, water re-use etc.
- Standardize where posible the utility parks and create standard guidelines.
- Define KPI’s for the utility installations & benchmark the plants.
- Lead and coordinate the interaction with utilities suppliers and carry out industry benchmarking.
- Create contingency plans and standard actions to ensure operations continuity of the utility parks.
- Help the site managers to define the right organization, tools and processes to implement to their site to ensure optimal use of their utilities and Production lines.
- Participate in the development & review of sourcing selection standards, policies, guidelines and KPIs and collaborate in the process of supplier selection & contract term definition.
- Coach and lead the local teams to fulfill the governmental obligations such as EBO etc.
- Act as a Centre of Excellence, gathering all best practices and lessons learned from the utilities, energy and risks management point of view, ensuring knowledge sharing and exportation of the suitable topics.
- Keeps yourself informed of emerging utility technology development/improvements within the industry and incorporate these into the design requirements.
Who are we looking for?
- You are an Industrial/civil engineer
- You have a minimum 10 years of experience in energy & utility management with a clear track record of successful projects and achievements.
- Expertise and knowledge of cooling systems, compressed air, heat integration, water treatment and other utility systems
- Capable of working in a structured manner according to priorities and urgency
- Strong prioritisation and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives/projects and communicate goals, objectives and accomplishments to a broad audience
- Project-based skills
- Customer-friendly and respectful towards our internal customers, you will cooperate with different departments (production, engineering, administration, R&D,..)
- Dutch or French mother tongue, fluent in English
- ICT: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project; historian databases; knowledge of Maximo or SAP and BMS systems is a plus; knowledge of AutoCad and/or Inventor.
Why would you join Puratos?
You will join a fast-growing, stable family business that has become an international market leader with a corporate culture in which innovation and entrepreneurship are part of our main priorities. You will benefit from a great deal of freedom in your work, with plenty of room for initiative.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to our common vision and mission: using new technologies to improve the quality of food. A great work environment with lots of challenges is what you can expect:
- Responsibilities and the possibility to take ownership of your work
- Training and career opportunities to build your career within our company
You can count on a competitive salary package with benefits such as a car, net allowances, hospitalisation and dental insurance.