Who are we?
PM Group is a leading International engineering, architecture, project and construction management firm. With a network of offices in Europe, Asia and the US and a multi-discipline team of 3 000 people, we deliver complex, capital projects in the life science, food and beverages, mission critical/ICT, advanced manufacturing, energy and environmental sectors.
Are you a talented Electrical Design Engineer?
As an Electrical Design Engineer, you will work on a number of key projects.
- Lead various projects from an electrical perspective and be part of a multidiscipline team.
- Analyze complex engineering problems and offer effective solutions.
- Provide support to fee and capital budget proposals as required.
- Assemble and manage bid, approval, and construction issue electrical packages in an efficient and lean manner.
- Monitor electrical engineering staff at junior levels, if required.
- Check other electrcial engineers work for accuracy and quality and undertake peer reviews.
- Requires extensive and independent contact with clients, vendor's representatives and project field personnel.
- Attend and participate in client and PM Group meetings.
- Direct and/or participate in project site visits to monitor, review and sign-off electrical installations.
- Master degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
- + 5 years of formal experience in heavy industrial engineering design.
- Demonstrable advanced experience in the complete suit of electrical engineering design services. This include (but is not limited to) Mv and LV power distribution, generators, UPS systems, lighting & emergency lighting, vertical tranportation, small power, voice/data, cable containment, fire alarm, security, lightning protection, earthing & bonding, hazardous areas and specialist control systems.
- Advanced knowledge of all applicable electrical engineering codes, standards and acceptable industry practices.
- Commercially aware and have ability to undertake value engineering activities and implement new technologies where they are implemented to provide costs effective solutions for our clients.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to prepare written specicifications and contract documents.
- Have a strong working knowledge of carrying out short circuit calculations, load flow and discrimintation studies utilizin proprietary modelling software (Amtech / SKM).
- Professiona approach. A strong ethical approach to safety, quality, environmental protection and business.
What are we offering?
An exciting and meaningful career path, working on innovative, challenging projects and learning from industry experts as a part of PM Group's world leading multi-discipline team. We offer a competitive salary with opportunities to travel and gain a variety of experiences.
It's not all work. At PM Group we work hard, but we make sure we have fun too!