The von Karman Institute is globally recognized as one of the key research centers in Fluid Dynamics. Whilst the traditional application fields for fluid dynamics are aeronautic and space technology, many other applications are also highly dependent on fluid dynamics.
We are looking for a motivated and target-driven person who will help us exploring these new business opportunities. The Business Development Manager reports to the Managing Director.
- Research prospective accounts in targeted markets, pursue leads and follow through to a successful agreement
- Understand the target markets, including industry, company, project, company contacts and which market strategies can be used to attract clients
- Collaborate with internal research teams to ensure that customer requirements are met
- Maintain relationships with current clients and identify new prospects
- Possess a strong understanding of our technology, our competition and positioning
- Follow the latest scientific developments and stay up-to-date on our competitors
- Create and close new project agreements with the customers
- Set and achieve sales targets
- Master degree or PHD in Engineering, Sciences or Economics
- Five years proven track record in business development
- Excellent organizational skills, with emphasis on priorities and goal setting
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to close deals
- Basic understanding of fluid dynamics
- Superior presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to turn customer challenges into profitable research projects
- Ability to communicate information, whether technical or non-technical to staff members and customers, in a clear and concise manner
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and statistical analysis software
- An interesting and challenging job in an international environment
- A competitive salary with extra-legal benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Being part of a research institute that is internationally recognized as one of the main players in its domain
- Working closely with an international team of young and dynamic researchers
About von Karman Institute (VKI)
The von Karman Institute for Fluid Dynamics (VKI) has been founded in 1956 by Theodore von Karman as an international center for the study of fluid dynamics. What began as an experiment in international post-graduate training, has developed into a widely recognized center of excellence in fluid dynamics, combining education and research into “training in research through research” in a truly international and intercultural environment. In this respect the Institute occupies today a unique place in between the academic world and the industrial world.
The synergy between high level education and both fundamental and applied research creates knowledge and value to the benefit of students, researchers and a wide community of customers be it from industry (such as many companies from the space and aeronautic sector) or institutional research programs (such as ESA and the European Commission).
Based in the Brussels’ area @ Rhode-Saint-Genèse (Flemish-Brabant)
Please sent your application to firstname.lastname@example.org